Saturday 2 June 2012

Day 13 - 30 Day Craft Challenge ~Wish~

Day 12 of the 30 Day Craft Challenge and the word for today is
~Wish~
Almost half way through and finding it easy to find inspiration but difficult to find my supplies in all the moving boxes building up in the house.
Today I decided to do a layout, as I had stumbled across this amazing photo I took in India around 3 years ago when I was looking at photos for the Paper Flourish Project 30 Challenge.
The photo was taken (as the writing says if you can read it :)) on an early morning boat ride down the River Ganges in Varanasi. These monks where riding down the river also and joining in a Morning Prayer ceremony, in which you whisper your prayers or wishes to the tiny dish of Marigold petals - light the candle and float it down the river.
I love this photo with its rich oranges and it helps me relive the feeling of spirit I felt constantly throughout my travels in India...certainly a spiritual and sacred place.

In this layout I also tried out a technique I have wanted to try for a while - DIY Rub-ons- I used my inkjet printer and normal transparency sheets with a little dried spray adhesive and printed the text you can see in the above pictures backwards. Then when printed placed the transparency printed side down and rubbed over it with a blunt pencil. Not as sharp as normal rub-ons but still a great technique to try and perfect :) Note: the ink on the transparency will not dry so cant be stored long term.


Now here are a couple of projects from yesterdays word
~Time~

Project by Carol McCann  


Creative use of Time pieces by Leanne Poke

More to share with you all tomorrow.

Kate xx




No comments:

Post a Comment