Monday 21 May 2012

30 Days of Craft - Day One

So Today is Day One of the
30 days Of Craft Challenge
 and it has been a very creative day ...

This afternoon I helped a friend Paint some of a wall mural for our local Defence Playgroup, it is an african (lion King) type theme, and it is a lot of fun to help paint - I have not painted much for about 10 years and forgot how therapeutic painting can be...


I painted in some of the rocks today - as you can see I am more of a cartoon type painter than a realistic one :)

So to the Craft Challenge - Today I thought  I would start of easy and made a simple card.
I used an assortment of blue scrap paper and for the background used a Kaisercraft wooden flourish and spray painted with silver paint to leave an impression from the flourish.


I backed it with black mettalic paper and silver glitter paper.
The ribbon is a velvety feel ribbon and it is finished off with a double layered hand stamped (with flourish stamp from Kaisercraft) and decorated with Kaisercraft silver rhinestones.

I would love to try this spray paint technique again but maybe with a flourish paper for the babckground or stamped flourish designs in the background similar to that stamped on the butterfly.

 
Am looking forward to sharing what others have come up with.



So on to tomorrows challenge (DAY TWO)

The Inspirational word for Day Two is...

~Recycled~

The project can be any type of art or craft with the theme of recycled....Am off to start creating!!!

Kate xx






No comments:

Post a Comment